What to Wear when Photographing a Wedding?
As a photographer you’ll come in contact with various people on the wedding day, coordinators, venue owners, florists, mother of the bride, grandmother of the bride etc.. We want these people to be impressed with things like our personality, talent, & professionalism, not for them to get hung up on “OMG what on earth was she wearing…”
Here are a few tips on what to wear while shooting a wedding to leave a great impression!
Things that should be in the forefront of your mind when you’re deciding what to wear are:
- TO DRESS PROFESSIONAL!
- You are a professional photographer, this is your job, what you wear should reflect that.
- WEAR MUTED COLORS & PATTERNS
- Stay away from vibrant colors and things that would draw attention to yourself
- It doesn’t have to be all black you could wear a pattern like mostly dark dress with florals, or dots BUT BE CAREFUL it’s not too distracting
- DARKER COLORS ARE YOUR FRIEND
- Black, Navy, Grey
- DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR THE OCCASION
- At a wedding if you aren’t dressed as nice as everyone there, then you will stand out like a sore thumb.
- Wear a dress, dress pants, classy jumpsuit.
- DO YOUR HAIR & MAKEUP
- Everyone at a wedding is looking their best, their hair looks amazing, makeup on point. So you should too!
- LIPSTICK HELPS MAKE YOU LOOK MORE DRESSED UP!
- Try wearing a good lip stain! My favorite is Lipsense!!
- ADD A STATEMENT NECKLACE
- Statement necklaces take any outfit to the next level.
- They can provide a fun pop of color & flare of personality.
- They don’t have to be expensive, run down to walmart, claire’s, charming charle & get you some!
- IF YOU WEAR A DRESS
- Be sure to wear sliders, shorts, or leggings under it to protect yourself from any embarrassing situations!!!
- LOOK FOR ONES WITH
- a cinched waist
- Breathable thin fabric
- That you can actually MOVE around in!
- High neckline
- Modest length
- That are NOT too form fitting
BELOW ARE SOME GOOD EXAMPLES OF WHAT TO LOOK FOR!